4 Creative Ways to Celebrate Father’s Day!
Father’s Day is fast approaching, and this year, we want to help you think beyond the tie! Though traditional gifts have their place, most fathers could probably do without another “World’s Greatest Dad” mug or hobby-themed tchotchke (we’re looking at you, golf ball statue!). So in the name of doing away with dust collectors, we’ve put together these five creative ideas for celebrating Father’s Day that dad is sure to love.
1. Take a hike. Buy dad a cool piece of hiking gear—like a trendy, insulated water tumbler or an old-school compass—and attach an invitation to go hiking together that very day. After all, what better time to hit the trails than a Sunday in June? Up the stakes by printing out Nature Bingo cards that let you check off items as you see them—from squirrels to berries to ant hills and beyond.
2. Make a memory book. Get those pics off your phone and into dad’s hands! While social media is convenient, there’s nothing like showcasing photos and preserving memories in a tactile, hard copy format. Print a dozen or so favorite family snapshots, and paste them in a mini scrap book along with handwritten captions and mementos like ticket stubs or hand-drawn artwork. Dad will be proud to display the book on the family coffee table or at his workplace.
3. Have a “favorite foods” feast. Make a meal out of all of dad’s most-loved eats—even if they don’t seem to go together! Set the table with a plate of bacon, a bowl of mango, a side of potato chips and a meatball sub…or whatever suits his fancy!
4. Send him on a wild goose chase. On Father’s Day morning, present dad with a rhyming “clue” written on an index card. One clue should link to the next clue, ultimately leading dad to the final destination—and his gift! For example:
- Clue #1: “It’s Father’s Day morning. Get up and go! Start your day with a cup of joe.”
- Clue #2 taped to coffee pot: “Breakfast in bed is what you crave. But first wash up and have a shave.”
- Clue #3 taped to bathroom vanity: “You’re on the trail and your gift is near. Behind the wheel is where you steer.”
- Clue #4 taped to car steering wheel: “We couldn’t get you a brand new ride. But open the glove box and look inside!”
- Inside glove box: Include a Happy Father’s Day note along with a handy car accessory, such as a gas card or a USB phone charger.
Happy Father’s Day from all of us at Go Organically Organic Fruit Snacks. Made with real fruit and no artificial colors, our gluten-free, dairy-free kids snacks are a great choice for your on-the-go life. Be sure to follow us on Facebook for kid-friendly ideas and inspiration!